As we come out of lockdown, we will see an increase in the number of students who test positive to COVID. DET and the Department of Health have asked schools to do the initial contact tracing and communicate with affected students and their families.
To make sure we find out and respond as quickly as we can, we are dedicating a specific after-hours phone number to this service. The phone will most likely not be answered but the message you leave will be passed on to the relevant campus principal for action.
Please ring or text our COVID hotline: 0428 422 943
If your child has tested positive to COVID please relay the following information:
- Your name and best contact number
- The full name of your child and the campus they attend
- The date of the onset of symptoms
- The date of the test results
- The date they last attended school
You will be contacted by a Campus Principal to check on your child’s wellbeing and to ask some follow up questions; but having this information from the outset will be extremely helpful and means we can draw up a list of close contacts quickly and prevent further infections.
During business hours, you may still contact your child’s campus office to report a positive case which will then be passed on to the Campus Principals for follow up.
Apart from informing us of any positive case in a timely fashion, the three key things that families can do to help keep our community safe are:
- Keep students home and get them tested if they show any COVID symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, fever)
- Encourage students to wear their mask, covering their mouth and nose, and maintain social distance as much as possible at school.
- Get vaccinated as soon as possible, this will protect you from severe disease and help to protect the community around you.
Best wishes in these interesting times,